Monday, April 3, 2017

March Madness

Another month has flown by, and we only have another month left in this program. It's crazy how quickly time has passed!! In the middle of March, we had our massive cumulative shelf exam, the summation of 8 months of learning and tutelage. It was challenging, but I'm very glad it's over. Now we just have a few more classes here and there until we're out of here at the end of April. Unfortunately, because of the business during March, I wasn't able to volunteer too much. I was only able to do some at KIPP. This upcoming weekend, however, I'll be planting trees again in the swamps of Louisiana in order to preserve that ever-important coastline. Over the course of our environmental pharmacology lectures, we've learned that New Orleans is basically done for, in terms of the rising sea level. Hopefully, this work to restore the coastline will do some to mitigate that. With more free time, I'll also look forward to returning to KIPP and continuing my volunteering there. Finally, we have some lead sample collection to do as we examine New Orleans' lead levels. This month will be exciting and challenging, as I complete my masters coursework and ramp up my MCAT studying. In addition, I'll be preparing my application for med school. It'll be a busy two months, but I'm looking forward to it.

Total hours - 14

March Hours - 4

No comments:

Post a Comment